We also offer a flexible subscription product,
the Multi Report Package,
which allows you to select your own choice of reports from our full range,
to suit your own budget. Click here for full details.
Profile of Südwolle Group: a global leader in pure wool yarns and wool blend yarns
published in Issue 212, February 2022
Südwolle Group is the worlds largest spinner of pure wool yarns and wool blend yarns. The company caters to several markets, including apparel, automotive, home textiles, hosiery and sportswear. It has operations on five continents, and it trades in more than 100 countries worldwide. Südwolle Groups roots date back to 1966 when the company was founded as a supplier and distributor of wool yarns to local mills in Upper Franconia, Germany. But, following much expansion between 1994 and 2016, the company has grown to comprise four global flagship brands, namely: Biella Yarn; Richter by Südwolle; Südwolle; and Yarn in Motion. Total sales generated by these brands account for 90% of the companys annual revenues while the remaining 10% is generated by three niche brands, namely: HF by Südwolle; GTI Filati; and Stçhr by Südwolle. Revenues generated by the company fell in its 2020 financial year--reflecting the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its production volume--after they had fallen in 2019 for the first time in several years. Despite this downward trend, the company remains upbeat about its prospects for the future. It plans to take advantage of the restart of physical trade shows and industry events which have been cancelled in recent years, and it will explore opportunities for the development of antiviral and antibacterial performance yarns in response to soaring demand for these yarns since the outbreak of COVID-19.
Six times a year, Textile Outlook International provides up to 200 pages of intelligence, expert analysis and insight on the global textile and clothing industry.
What's in it? Each issue provides an authoritative source of information on key industry topics, including: circularity; cotton; environmental sustainability; fibre prices; innovation; production and consumption forecasts; imports and exports; industry giants and emerging brands; international trade fairs; key geographical markets; recommerce; retail; supply chains; textile and clothing trade; textile machinery; trade and production trends; world markets; and yarn and fabric manufacturing.
A single issue of Textile Outlook International includes:
an editorial think-piece on a topical issue from an industry expert a report on textile and apparel trade and production trends a round-up of the latest international trade fairs a feature on textile and clothing imports and exports or fibre prices, production and consumption a report on a key geographical marketinsight and analysis of a key market leader or fast-growing start-up
An annual subscription to Textile Outlook International is a cost-effective way to keep informed about trends and developments in the global textile and clothing industry. Subscriptions are available in printed and/or digital formats. Printed and digital subscribers receive each issue in printed format in addition to a digital PDF file, which is available immediately on publication.
Like all Textiles Intelligence publications, Textile Outlook International is a reliable source of independently sourced business information, and it does not carry advertising.
This is what our customers say:
"Textile Outlook International is very useful for postgraduate/undergraduate students who are researching international trade patterns in the textile industry. The reports indicate specific characteristics of textile markets in the world, show the comparative advantages of countries and provide guidance for future investments in the textile sector."